serve for 8
INGREDIENTS: ts = teaspoon tbsp = tablespoon
- 4 eggs
- 125gr sugar
- 125gr flour
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 pinch of salt
- 280g of dark chocolate
- 200ml of heavy whipping cream
- 80gr of nuts crushed and roasted
(If needed for the cover: 100ml of heavy whipping cream)
For the Biscuit Génoise
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff with a pinch of salt
- Whisk the egg yolk with the sugar and vanilla bean (Scrape the vanilla pod halves with a knife to remove seed) until it gets white
- Add the flour
- Add gradually the egg white to the mixture.
- Pour the mixture on a rectangle cake tin previously covered with baking paper
- Bake at 180°C 8/10 min
- When it is cooked, put the genoise on a wet tea towel, remove the baking paper and roll it. Keep it on the side
For the chocolate ganache :
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie and let it cool
- Whisk the cold heavy whipping cream on high speed until it get thick
- Add the Chantilly to the cold chocolate.
- Spread a little of the mixture (more or less 1/4 of the mixture) on the genoise biscuit, and roasted nuts, roll the cake and keep it on the fridge
- Keep the rest of the cream on the fridge, once it is cold, you can use the mixture to cover the rolled biscuit.
- If the cream it’s too thick, whisk more Chantilly and add it to the chocolate mixture
- Keep the cake on the fridge and just before serving decorate as desired