Chicken breast cubed 500 g
Greek yogurt 200 g (10 – 12 TBSP)
Ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
Cumin powder ½ TBSP
Coriander powder ½ TBSP
Garam masala (spice mix) 1 TBSP
Kashmiri chili powder 1 tsp
Mustard oil 1 TBSP
Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
Salt 1 tsp
Cook the chicken
Garlic chopped 1 tsp (2 cloves)
Green chili chopped 1 tsp (remove seed)
Onion sliced ½ cup
Coriander leaves chopped ¼ cup
Kashmiri red chili powder ½ tsp
Mustard oil 2 TBSP
Egg, large 2 per tortillas
Salt 2 pinches
Turmeric powder 1 pinch
Sunflower oil or Ghee 1 tsp per tortilla
Assembling the Rolls
Onion sliced 1 TBSP per tortilla
Cucumber sliced 2 TBSP per tortilla
Green chili chopped ¼ tsp per tortilla (optional)
Coriander leaves chopped 1 TBSP per tortilla
Tomato ketchup 1 – 2 TBSP per tortilla
Chicken stuffing cooked before: 4 – 6 pieces of chicken per tortilla
Lemon juice 1/2 – 1 tsp per tortilla
Mustard sauce ½ TBSP
Chat masala ½ tsp
Aluminium foil to roll
Marinade the chicken
- Cut the chicken breast into cubes.
- Add and mix all ingredients for the marinade into a bowl and marinade the chicken for 30 – 45 minutes.
Prepare the filling
- Add mustard oil in the frying pan. When hot add the chopped garlic and green chili and sauté.
- Once the garlic is browned add the chicken pieces into the pan without any marinade. It’s better to shake off all the marinade from chicken pieces before adding it to the pan.
- At first brown the chicken on medium flame for 4 – 5 mins and then simmer to allow the chicken to cook in its own juice.
- Add Kashmiri chili powder to the chicken and mix well. Once the chicken is half done, add the reserved marinade and continue cooking on medium flame until the chicken is almost done.
- Add the sliced onion and mix thoroughly. Once the chicken is done, add the chopped coriander leaves and mix gently without breaking chicken pieces apart. Once moisture evaporates completely from the pan, stuffing is ready. Sprinkle some more coriander leaves on top and remove from heat immediately.
Assemble the chicken roll
- Heat another frying pan. Put the tortillas one at a time and fry them using oil/ghee for 1 – 2 minutes. Keep them aside.
- In a glass or cup add 2 eggs, 2 pinches of salt and 1 pinch of turmeric powder. Whisk for 3 – 4 seconds. In a frying pan add some oil (2 tsp) and wait till hot. Add the whisked eggs and wait for few seconds then add the tortilla on top of it. Turn on the other side. Nicely fry both sides for a couple of minutes.
- Transfer the fried tortilla on a plate. Add all the ingredients mentioned in assembling the rolls and prepare the rolls.
- Wrap the rolls with the stuffing using aluminium foil.