serves 12 paratha
INGREDIENTS: Tbsp : Tablespoon Ts : Teaspoon
1 ¼ cup Whole wheat flour (Chapati atta)
1 tbsp gram flour
1 tbsp Oil
½ ts Cumin powder
1/2 ts whole fennel
1 ½ ts Ginger, garlic & green chilli paste or freshly grated or crushed
½ ts amchur powder (dried mango powder)
3 cups Fenugreek leaves (Methi leaves) plucked, measured, washed and chopped
Salt to taste
- rinse 1 cup tightly packed methi leaves very well in water. drain them completely. chop the methi leaves finely and keep aside. in a bowl or parat add 2 cups atta/whole wheat flour and salt. then add the chopped methi leaves, 1 or 2 finely chopped green chillies, 1.5 tsp finely chopped garlic and 2 tsp oil
- pour ½ cup water
- first mix and then start kneading the dough
- knead to a smooth dough. add more water if required while kneading. if the dough feels sticky then you can add some more whole wheat flour
- make medium-sized balls of the dough.
MAKING METHI PARATHA
- dust the dough ball with some flour and then start rolling the methi paratha.
- roll the dough into medium-sized rotis or rounds.
COOKING METHI PARATHA
- place the methi paratha on a hot tawa or griddle
- when one side is bit cooked or about ¼ cooked, then flip.
- spread oil on this side
- flip again and you should see some brown spots on the paratha. apply oil on this side too
- flip again a couple of times, till the methi paratha is evenly cooked and has golden spots. Press the edges with a spatula so that they get cooked.
you can also stack them in a roti basket or casserole and serve them warm or at room temperature, later.