200 gr savoiardi (lady fingers)
300 gr sugar
250 gr mascarpone
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks, add half the sugar to the egg yolks and whisk with a mixer until you get a nice smooth and mixture, frothy and creamy.
- Incorporate mascarpone into the mixture.
- Whisk egg whites in a kitchen machine (mixer) adding gradually sugar while whisking until soft peaks form.
- Incorporate the egg whites into the yolk mixture.
- Do this gently, stirring from the bottom up.
- Have coffee in a deep large plate or bowl. (*) Dip the lady fingers into coffee and arrange them in a tiramisu form covering the bottom and vertical side-walls.
- Cover the fingers with prepared cream so all the fingers are covered with appr 1 cm layer.
- Repeat from (*) until the top of the form.
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder before serving. Tiramisu can decorate with some chocolate curl.
Store in refrigerator for a few hours to shrink the sweet and … bon appetit!