Serving 4 rolls
550 ml rice (Japanese style)
600 ml water
Sushi vinegar (vinegar 6 tbsp., sugar 4 tbsp., 1⁄2 tsp salt)
4 eggs (seasoning: 2 tbsp. sake, 2 tbsp. sugar, pinch of salt)
200 g crab sticks
Prepare the rice:
- Rinse rice with water, repeat several times until the water becomes clearer;
- Put the rinsed rice and measured water into a pot. Turn on high heat. When boiling lower the heat and leave to cook for 20 min. without taking the lid off;
- While the rice is warm, stir in the sushi vinegar. Do not knead. Keep stirring until it cools down and the wet texture disappears.
Prepare the egg sheet:
- Beat the eggs in a bowl. Stir in the seasoning and mix;
- Heat a frying pan, spread a little oil, put 1⁄4 of the eggs mixture, to make a thin egg sheet. Repeat and make 4 of them.
Prepare the filling/topping:
- Cut the cucumber into sticks. Cut the avocado into small slices;
- If the crab sticks are frozen, defrost them in advance.
- Spread wrap foil in front of you;
- Take a sheet of egg, place it on the wrap foil;
- Spread rice evenly on the egg sheet, leaving 5 cm from the edge uncovered with rice;
- Put crab sticks, cucumber and avocado in the middle of rice. Add mayonnaise – optional;
- Roll the egg sheet, rice and filling together, then press lightly at the end of the roll;
- Wrap and leave 5-10 min. until it gets settled. Then cut with a wet knife.