Chicken Enchiladas in green sauce
For the chicken
850 grams chicken breast
2 garlic cloves
2 teaspoons of oil
½ teaspoon salt
For the enchiladas
8 pieces corn tortilla (buy @ lamexikana.no)
0.5 litter sunflower oil
200 g grated cheese
0.5 litter of milk
1 box sour cream
1 litter green sauce (buy @ lamexikana.no)
- Put the chicken in a pot with enough water with all the ingredients and let the chicken cook (you can decide low, medium or high heat depending of your time to prepare the dish).
- With 2 forks tear the chicken while warm (it will go faster) – the process is similar as for pulled pork.
- Put enough oil in a fryer, frying pan or wok and heat it up at high temperature. When the oil is hot, carefully put a tortilla after the other and let them fry slightly just about a couple of minutes, they should not be hard just gilded!
- Once you have all the tortillas and chicken ready, divide the chicken mixture into tortillas and roll them together in an oven tray; if they cool off quickly set them in the oven to keep them warm while you get everything else ready.
- Warm up the green sauce ready for serving.
- Mix the sour cream with the milk (it should be very runny – like a sauce) and put the mixture in a bowl ready for serving
- The white cheese must also be ready for serving
- Place your enchiladas on your plate then put grated cheese on top, then the warm salsa and the sour cream
- Serve enchiladas with simple salad, rice, guacamole, totopos (nacho chips) and chili sauce.