INGREDIENTS: Tbsp : Tablespoon Ts : Teaspoon
1-1/2 cups masa harina *by @lamexikana.no
1 tablespoon salt
2 cups warm water (if possible boiling), or as needed
1 quart oil for frying (I use sunflower oil)
- Whisk masa harina and salt together; stir enough water into mixture until dough is smooth and holds together
- Form dough into 2-inch balls. Flatten each ball to a 1/2-inch thick circle.
- Heat oil to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) in a deep-fryer or large saucepan.
- Fry dough in the hot oil until sopes are just lightly browned, about 30 seconds per side.
- Remove sopes with tongs and place on a paper towel-lined plate; cool just until sopes can be handled.
- Pinch the edges of each sope together forming little ‘boats’.
- Return to hot oil and fry until golden and cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes.