- 2 cups of corn
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, plus extra for the pan
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 5 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 (14-once) can condensed milk
- ⅓ cup rømme (crema)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsalted butter at room temperature, plus a little extra for the pan.
1/Pre-heat the oven to 165C. Grease and flour a 22cm cake pan. Rinse canned corn.
2/Sift together the flour and the baking soda. Put the eggs, condensed milk, crema, and vanilla in a electric blender or food processor and mix to combine. Slice the butter into small parts, then add it to the blender. Add the flour mixture and the corn, then blend until it’s well incorporated (the mixture will not be completely smooth and that’s okay).
3/Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool slightly, invert onto a wire rack, and allow to cool. Cut into slices and enjoy warm or at room temperature.