INGREDIENTS: Tbsp : Tablespoon Ts : Teaspoon
2 garlic gloves
1 l fish stock
1 ts salt
½ ts pepper
3 dl cream
400 g assorted fishes, cod, salmon, shrimps, halibut
1 Tbsp finely chopped chives
- Start by peeling carrots and celery and cutting them into thin strips. Finely chop onions and slice garlic into thin slices.
- Put the fish stock in a pot. Let it simmer for 5-10 minutes. Add salt and pepper (if not salted from before).
Tip: 2 dl of 1 liter stock can be replaced with white wine if you wish.
- Add cream and bring to boil just before serving.
- In the meantime, cut the fish into large pieces. Use catfish fillet, cod or, for example, salmon – whatever you have available or what you want.
- If you think the soup is too thin, you can add a bit of maizena to thicken it up before serving. Stir 1-2 teaspoons of maizena into 0.5 dl of cold water. Once you have it homogeneous, add it to the soup in a steady stream while stirring constantly.
- Add the fish bites and vegetables, take the pot away from the heat and let the fish rest in the soup for approx. 5 minutes until the fish is just about to get ready
- Shrimps taste good in a fish soup, but to avoid them being chewy and hard, add them in the soup or a bowl before serving – do not cook them!