16 Piquillo peppers
300 gr Minced meat (beef and pork)
2 cloves Garlic
1 cup Tomato sauce
1 cup Beef broth
2 tbsp. Flour
1 glass Wine
1/2 cup Cream
Olive oil, Salt, Pepper
- To make the sauce: finely chop an onion and a clove of garlic. Fry in a pan with oil. When the onion begins to brown, add the flour, tomato sauce, broth and wine. Let reduce for about 10 minutes.
- For the filling: chop the other onion and garlic. Fry in a pan with a little oil and salt. Add the minced meat with salt and pepper and cook a couple of minutes.
- While still on stove, add the cream and let it reduce for 3-4 minutes.
- Fill the peppers with meat and place them in a large saucepan and pour over the sauce.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes.