INGREDIENTS tsp = teaspoon tbsp = tablespoon
- 8 canned piquillo peppers
- 150 gr minced cod (unsalted)
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ onion
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 to 3 tbsp cream
- 2 tbsp dry white wine
- Olive oil, salt, pepper and parsley
- Add the onion, garlic and butter to a medium saucepan and place it over medium heat
- Stir well and then let the onion and garlic gently fry in the melted butter for a few minutes (until the onion is transparent)
- Shred the cod up and add this to the onion. let it cock for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle with half of the flour. Season with a pinch of pepper and salt.
- Stir and mash up the cod. Sprinkle with the rest of the flour.
- Stir well again. Then pour in the milk.
- Mash the cod up into a thick paste (you can also puree the cod in a blender). Then check the seasoning and add extra pepper or salt to taste if necessary.
- Take the cod off the heat and let it cool a little.
- Carefully rinse the canned peppers and pat them dry using kitchen paper.
- Then trim the oppenings so that they are straight and keep the trimmings for the sauce.
- Fill the peppers up with the cod paste and place them in a baking dish
- If you have some cod paste left, you can add it to the sauce. Place the white wine, cream, leftover cod paste and pepper trimmings to a blender. Then season with a pinch of pepper and salt.
- Blend into a smooth sauce. Pour it in a small saucepan and then gently warm it up over medium heat
- Add grinded parsley to the pan
- Then pour it on top of the stuffed peppers and decorate with extra parsley