250 g cubed ripped mango or mango puree
120 ml orange juice
2 tsp. agar-agar
300 ml cold water
70 g sugar
lime juice, to taste
1 tsp. agar-agar
160 ml cold water
4 tbsp. sugar
3/4 tsp. salt
160 ml coconut milk
- In a blender, mix 250 g cubed mango and 120 ml orange juice until smooth.
- In a saucepan, mix 2 teaspoons agar-agar in 300 ml cold water. Place over medium heat and bring to the boil, mixing constantly.
- Add the mango-orange puree and 70 g sugar; keep mixing until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat.
- Adjust taste as desired by adding a little lime juice and/or sugar.
- Pour the mixture into a silicone mold or baking tin (approximately 20 cm square). Distribute the remaining mango cubes evenly over the mango jelly while it is still soft. Add mint leaves.
- Leave at room temperature or put in the fridge until the mango layer sets, about 30 minutes. Do not start making the coconut layer until the first layer is set.
- Mix 1 teaspoon agar-agar with 160 ml cold water in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil, add sugar, salt and coconut milk. Mix well, take off heat.
- Pour the hot coconut mixture over the set mango layer. It is important that the coconut mixture is hot when poured, so that two layers adhere. Leave at room temperature or put in the fridge until both layers fully set, about 1 hour.
- Cut into squares and enjoy! Keep leftover jelly refrigerated.