400 g pork neck
1 tablespoon garlic
1 teaspoon whole white peppercorns
1 Tablespoon minced cilantro
2 tablespoon fish sauce
2 tablespoon oyster sauce
2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
2 teaspoon palm sugar
1 can coconut milk
20 small bamboo skewers soaked in water before.
- Prepare the cilantro and peel the garlic cloves. Combine the prepared garlic, cilantro and whole white peppercorns in a mortar until to a paste.
- Cut the pork into small thin or small bites. Place the pork into a container. Add the fish sauce, oyster sauce, and dark soy sauce, and palm sugar and the cilantro-garlic-peppercorn paste and mix with your hands until all ingredients are combined. Cover, refrigerate, and allow it to marinate for at least 30 min, for best result min. 2 hours.
- While the pork marinates, soak the bamboo skewers in water. They should soak for at least 20 minutes before grilling.
- When the pork has marinated, thread the pork pieces tightly onto the skewers, approximately four to six pieces per skewer. Coat the skewers with any remaining marinade paste.
- Heat the grill to low or medium low heat. Place the skewers on the grill and cook slowly until cooked through, turning and basting them periodically with coconut milk. If grilling pork neck, this may take 15-20 minutes.
- Plate and serve with dip and sticky rice 🙂