INGREDIENTS: ts = teaspoon tbsp = tablespoon
- 1 cup shrimp, peeled and deveined, dried with paper towels
- tbsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup white onion, cut into long strips
- 1 cup red and/or yellow sweet pepper, cut into long strips
- 1/4 cup scallions/green onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 handful Thai basil leaf
- 2 tbsp Thai chili jam
- 2 tbsp thin soy sauce, Dragonfly brand
- 2 egg
- 4 tbsp cream
- 1 ts stock powder
- 1 ts sugar
- 1 ts white pepper
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 fresh red chili
- 1 tsp power curry
- Coriander/cilantro leaves for garnish (optional)
- A dash of white pepper powder
- Heat oil in a wok, or non-stick sauté pan, over medium-high heat. Add garlic and stir until it turns golden. Add onion and sweet peppers and stir for about 30 seconds. Add shrimp stir for a minute.
- Add the Thai chili jam, thin soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, stock power, cream. Mix well.
- Add it to the pan. Stir quickly. Taste and adjust. Before it ready put a hand full of Thai basil leave.
- Serve immediately with cooked rice and prik-nam-pao for some heat. Garnish with cilantro leaves, if used.