150g cream cheese
1 ts truffle oil
1 pinch sugar
8 dates, stones removed
1 Granny Smith apple
1 l ime, juiced”
- Preheat an oven to 180°C
- Thoroughly clean and scrub the celeriac. Sprinkle generously with salt, place on a baking tray and roast for almost 2 hours or until is tender.
- When ready, remove from the oven and allow it to cool. Peel off the skin and finely slice the celeriac using a mandoline.
- Whip the cream cheese with the truffle oil and season to taste. Add a small pinch of sugar and set aside.
- Place the butter in a small saucepan set over a medium heat and allow to melt. Add the dates and gently warm through over a low heat. Drain the dates (reserving the butter) and chop into smaller chunks.
- Core the apple and cut into a fine julienne.
- Season the sliced celeriac with salt and some of the butter from the dates
- To serve, add a spoonful of the cream cheese to the centre of one slice. Place slices of the celeriac over the cheese to hide it.
- Place pieces of date on top of and around the celeriac, then top with the julienned apple. Sprinkle over some fresh lime juice and top with truffle slices.