4 medium size potatoes
150g warm smoked mackerel fillet
1 spring onion, finely sliced
2 sprigs of dill, finely chopped
4 chives, finely chopped
1 lemon, juiced and zested
70g crème fraîche
95 ml apple juice
1 gelatine leaf
- For the apple jelly, soak the gelatine leaf in water until soft. Remove them from the water and warm in a pan with a little of the apple juice. Slowly add the rest of the juice, stir, pass through a fine sieve and refrigerate until needed.
- Peel potatoes, slice with mandolin into thin slices and coat with the olive oil and salt; using your hands here is best!
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown and crispy
- Flake the smoked mackerel into chunks, discarding the skin and any bones you may come across.
- Place the mackerel into a bowl with the spring onions, herbs, lemon zest and crème fraîche. Carefully fold the mixture together until fully incorporated.
- Taste the pâté and season with black pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice. You won’t need salt as the smoked fish is salty enough already.
- To serve, spread the pâté on the roasted potato slice and top with the dill and apple jelly