Tarte citron meringée
serve for 6
INGREDIENTS: ts = teaspoon tbsp = tablespoon
Shortbread Dough :
250 gr Flour
125 gr Butter
70 gr Sugar
2 Egg yolks
1 Pinch of salt
Lemon Cream :
4 Medium-sized lemon
150 gr Sugar
1 tbsp Cornstarch
2 Egg whites
100 gr Sugar
½ ts Baking powder
Preparation of the dough:
- Whisk the 2 egg yolks with the sugar. Add to the mixture some water
- Mix the flour and butter cut into small pieces with your fingers, to obtain a sandy consistency. It is necessary that all the butter is absorbed (it is necessary to act quickly so that the mixture does not soften too much)
- Pour in the middle of this sand the yellow mixture of egg and sugar, and a pinch of salt. Incorporate the elements quickly.
- Flatten the pastry slightly with the palm of your hand, wrap in plastic foil and refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Roll out the dough. Cover the pie pan with baking paper, put the dough on it and cover with beans to avoid the dough to blow up. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 180 degrees (thermostat 6).
Lemon Cream :
- Wash the lemons. Put the zest of 2 lemons and juice of 4 lemons in a pan.
- Pour the sugar and cornstarch into the pan, mix with lemon juice Heat gently.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs. Incorporate them into the mixture. Put on a high heat, and continue stirring with a whisk. The mixture will start to thicken. Be careful to always stir when the eggs are added because the cream could burn.
- Remove from heat and pour over the cooked pie shell
- Whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt. When they start to be firm add sugar and yeast. Whisk until it is firm.
- Cover the lemon cream with the preparation. Put in the oven at 135 degrees (thermostat 4/5) until the meringue get some gold colour.