250 g almond flour (ground almonds)
250 g icing sugar (MELIS)
100 g egg whites
1,5-3 g appr. food colouring
225 g white sugar (regular)
60 g mineral water
80 g egg whites
- Measure all ingredients in separate bowls.
- Sift together the icing sugar and almond flour.
- Stir the food colouring into the first portion of egg whites (100g).
- Pour the water into a small saucepan then add sugar stir good together.
- Cook over medium heat and as soon as the sugar reaches 115°C, start to whisk the second quantity of egg whites (80g) to soft peaks at high speed.
- When the sugar syrup reaches 118°C, pour it over the egg whites, continue whisking at high speed for another few minutes. Reduce speed to medium and continue whisking the egg whites for about 2 minutes more. You have just made an Italian meringue.
- Allow the meringue to cool down to 50°C (4-5 minutes).
- Pour them over the mixture of icing sugar and almond flour egg whites with colors and stir.
- Fold meringue in 3 times into the almond-sugar mixture and stir it. Continue stirring and when the batter is just starting to turn glossy, it is ready. The batter should resemble slightly runny cake dough.
- Pipe rounds of batter about 3,5 cm in diameter.
- Leave the shells to stand for at least 30 minutes until they form a skin. The batter should not stick to your fingers.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. The cooking temperature in the oven may vary between 150-190°C.
- Cooking time 10-12 minutes.
- Out of the oven, slide the shells on to the work surface.