INGREDIENTS: ts = teaspoon tbsp = tablespoon
250 gr vine leaves
400 gr rice for risgrøt
1 onions grated
2 bunch of spring onions chopped
150ml olive oil
1/2 bunch chopped dill
1 bunch chopped mint
1 big lemon, juice (or two less juicy)
1 zest of a lemon
- For the vine leaves : remove them from the jar or bag, transfer to a strainer and wash with plenty of cold water and allow them to drain before using.
For the filling
- While the leaves are strained, in a big bowl, combine all of filling’s ingredients
- Spread 4-5 vine leaves on the bottom of a pot.
- Place a vine leaf on a board.
- Add 1 tablespoon of filling in the center, fold the sides of the vine leaf inward and roll to complete.
- Transfer to the pot, placing the stuffed vine leaves in a circle, one next to the other.
- Repeat the same process for all the vine leaves.
- Cover the stuffed vine leaves with a plate. This is done so that they don’t fall apart while cooking.
- Add the warm or hot water, until they are completely covered.
- Simmer for about 40-50 minutes until the rice is done and the vine leaves are tender.