INGREDIENTS: ts = teaspoon tbsp = tablespoon
1 kg sliced pork
10 tbsp vinegar, of white wine
8-10 tbsp olive oil
2,5 ts honey
2,5 ts cumin
2,5 ts oregano
2.5 ts paprika
- Add all the ingredients in a bowl and let 30 min to marinate
- On a very hot pan add a splash of olive oil, and the ¼ of the meat. Let it bake and turn. Don’t stir it so much because it will boil instead of grilled.
- When brown, put on a plate and cover with foil to stay warm
- Repeat for ¼ of meat each time until all done.
For the potatoes
- A medium potato for each person. Deep fry them.
For 10 pitas
500 gr flour
5 gr vinegar
20 gr honey
7 gr salt
7 gr yeast
288 gr water
- In a bread mixer combine all the ingredients and let the dough until combined very well. Let it stay for half an hour.
- Divide the dough in 10 pieces and open with hands in round pies.
- Bake in a hot non stick pan with a splash of olive oil until baked from both sides
- Place on a plate and cover with a clean towel to be soft.
For 10 persons
400gr yogurt strained
1 ½ cucumbers grated
2 cloves garlic minced
4 tbsp vinegar
¼ bunch of dill
3 tbsp olive oil
- Add salt on the cucumber and press to take off all the liquids.
- In a big bowl add the strained cucumber and all the other ingredients and combine.
On a pie place the tzatziki, the gyros, potatoes and slices of tomato and roll.