INGREDIENTS: ts = teaspoon tbsp = tablespoon
250 gr water in room temperature
200 gr white flour
50 gr cornstarch (maizena)
1 bag dry yeast
1 tbsp honey
50 gr water
50 gr honey
Walnuts (roughly cracked)
- For the syrup
- Put the water and the honey in a pan and simmer until reduced.
- For the loukoumades
- In a big bowl, mix the water, the honey and the yeast and stir until honey and yeast dissolve well.
Add the flour and cornstarch and combine well.
Cover with cling film and set aside for half an hour to activate yeast.
- Put oil in a deep pan and wait for it to be very hot.
- Prepare a glass with oil and put a tea spoon in it.
- Grab the dough in one hand, take a small amount with the spoon and throw it in the oil
- Put the spoon in the glass with oil and repeat. Put fried loukoumades on a plate with kitchen towel for oil to be absorbed.
- Serve with honey syrup and walnuts