INGREDIENTS: ts = teaspoon tbsp = tablespoon
For the base
1 kg potatoes
6 tbsp olive oil
For the minced meat
800 gr minced meat
1 big onion finely chopped
1 clove of garlic minced
1 tbsp tomato-paste
1 box tomato (hakkede)
1 small cinnamon stick
1 ts paprika powder
50 gr feta cheese
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 of tomato box boiled water
For bechamel sauce
100 gr butter
100 gr flour
750 gr milk (full fat)
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
70 gr grated salted cheese (like parmesan)
For the meat
- Put in a deep frying pan the minced meat and the oil in high heat
- Sauté it very well and then add the onion and, after a while, garlic.
- Stir it until the juices are gone and add the tomato paste and all the spices.
- Finely, add the tomatoes and water measured in the tomato box.
- Boil until the juices are gone.
- Take the stuffing off the heat and let it aside for 3-5 minutes.
- Then add the feta cheese smashed with your hands.
For the vegetables
- Cut the potatoes and the eggplants in slices of thick around 1 cm
- Put them in two different bowls and season them with salt and pepper
- In a frying pan, put 3 tbsp olive oil and fry potatoes slightly
- Put the rest of oil and do the same with the eggplants.
For the bechamel sauce.
- Put in a pan the flour and the butter and stir
- Add the milk little by little until milk is over and the sauce is thickened.
- Take off the heat and add the salt, the pepper and the nutmeg.
- In a baking tray put olive oil and place the eggplants.
- Over them, the mince meat and then the potatoes
- On top, add the bechamel sauce and the grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 200 degrees.
- Leave it aside for 10 minutes before serving.