Chicken 1 Kg
Thick yoghurt 1 cup
Onion 1 big finely sliced
Garlic paste 1/2 tbsp
Ginger paste 1 tbsp
Kashmiri chilli powder 2 tbsp
Coriander powder 1 tbsp
Poppy seed paste 2 tbsp
Cashew paste 15 nos made to paste
Salt to taste
Sugar 1 tsp
Green Cardamoms 5
Cinnamon 1 inch stick
Javetri 3-4 flowers
Star flower (Star anise) 1
Sunflower oil 2 tbsp
Ghee (clarified butter) 5 tbsp
All purpose flour 1 tbsp
- Dry roast the cardamoms, cinnamon, cloves, javetri and star flower. Make smooth powder. Keep it aside and will need at the end.
- In a big frying pan add 1 tbsp oil. When the oil is hot add the onion and fry till golden brown.
- Cool the fried onions and make into a smooth paste.
- In a big vessel marinate the chicken with yoghurt, fried onion paste, ginger paste, garlic paste, salt, sugar, kashmiri chilli powder, coriander powder, poppy seed paste, cashew paste and all purpose flour.
- Mix nicely and keep at least for 2-3 hours. Best result marinate 6 hours or overnight.
- In a deep frying pan add 1 tbsp oil and the ghee.
- Remove the marinate from the chicken and the chicken in the hot oil in the frying pan.
- Stir the chicken for 3-4 minutes and then add the marinate.
- First increase the flame and then stir for a couple of minute.
- Simmer, cover and cook till the chicken is fully cooked. Keep on stirring occasionally so that it does not stick in the bottom.
- When oil leaves from the chicken add the powder masala as made earlier in point 1.
- Increase the flame slightly and cook for 2 minute.
- Server hot with Indian roti, naan, fried rice or cumin rice.