1 kg chicken legs
450 g onion, sliced
300 g onion, cubes
250 g tomatoes
8 tablespoons sunflower oil
6 tablespoons yoghurt
1 tablespoons cumin powder
1 tablespoons coriander powder
1 teaspoon Kashmiri chili
4 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
2 tablespoons ginger garlic paste
Whole Garam Masala (1 bay leaf, 1 inch cinnamon stick &2 teaspoons cumin seed)
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 green chili (without seed), chopped
1-2 big snack red pepper
salt to taste
- Cut the chicken legs into two pieces (drumstick and thigh) after removing the skin. Clean the pieces with slight water.
- Slice finely the onions(450gm). Other parts of onions (300 gm) cut into cubes and keep a side.
- Cut the tomatoes into small cubes.
- In a deep frying pan heat around 5 tablespoons of sunflower oil. Add the whole cumin seeds when the oil is hot and wait for a couple of minute as the cumin seeds splutter.
- Add bay leaf and the cinnamon stick. Add the sliced onion and sprinkle little salt. Fry the onion till golden brown.
- Add the turmeric powder into the golden brown onion and saute for a minute. Add the ginger garlic paste and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix the yoghurt, cumin powder, coriander powder and the Kashmir chilli powder. Whisk the mixture and add into the onion.
- Saute for 3-4 minute and add the chicken pieces. Add seedless green chilies. Cook till tender.
- Separately in a frying pan add 2-3 tablespoons oil and saute the cubed onions and the snack red chili.
- When the chicken is fully cooked add the chopped coriander and this slightly fried onion and red chili. Nicely mix it and switch off the flame. Keep the lid covered the onions will become translucent.
- Serve hot with rice, fried rice or Indian bread paratha or naan.