500 g Basmati rice
1 big, 1 small carrots
12-15 French beans
½ of a small cauliflower
½ cup green peas (frozen)
fistful cashew nuts
2 bay leaf
2 sticks cinnamon
1 black cardamom
salt to taste
1 tsp sugar
2 tbsp oil
2 tbsp clarified butter
- Wash and chop the vegetables into very fine pieces.
- Wash and soak the basmati rice for 30 mins.
- In a pot add water and bring it to boiling. Add little oil, salt, black cardamon. Add the soaked rice.
- Cook on high for 10 mins and simmer for couple of minutes.Cover with a lid and drain the water.
- Then spread on a plate for the rice to be separated and not sticky.
- In a deep frying pan add oil. Fry the cashew nuts and raisins for a couple of minutes and take them out.
- In the same oil add the bay leaf, crushed cinnamon, cloves and cardamoms.
- Add the vegetables and fry them .
- Add the peas and check all the vegetables are ready.
- Add the rice and stir well and mix everything.
- Add little sugar and clarified butter (ghee) and the fried cashew nuts and the raisins.
- Serve hot.