2 kg chicken breast
2 medium onions, chopped
1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
4 small sticks cinnamon
1 ½ bunch fresh coriander
1 bunch fresh mint
2 tablespoon dried Fenugreek / Kasoori Methi
2 pinches Turmeric powder
2 tablespoons Kashmiri chilli powder
6 tablespoon sunflower oil
salt to taste
- Cut boneless chicken breasts into small cubes/desired size and marinade with ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, salt and Kashmiri chilly powder for at least 30 minutes.
- Grind coriander leaf, mint leaf and fenugreek powder with one cup water into a smooth paste. Add more water if needed. Keep aside.
- Heat 6 tbsp sunflower oil in a skillet. When hot, add cinnamon sticks, cloves and onions and saute until onions fry well.
- Add marinated chicken pieces and fry until chicken is 3/4th cooked.
- Add ground paste, cover with lid and continue cooking for 5-10 minutes.
- Uncover and check if chicken has cooked thoroughly.
- Continue cooking until the water evaporates and gravy begins to thicken.
- Serve Hot with Fried rice, Steamed Rice or any Indian Flat Bread.