INGREDIENTS: tsp = tea spoon TBSP=Table spoon
- 500gr Chicken breast cubed
- 200 g (10 – 12 TBSP) Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- ½ TBSP Cumin powder
- ½ TBSP Coriander powder
- 1 TBSP Garam masala (spice mix)
- 1 tsp Kashmiri chili powder
- 1 TBSP Mustard oil
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Salt
Cook the chicken :
- 1 tsp (2 cloves) Garlic chopped
- 1 tsp Green chili chopped (remove seed)
- ½ cup Onion sliced
- ¼ cup Coriander leaves chopped
- ½ tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- 2 TBSP Mustard oil
- 4 Tortillas
- 2 large Egg per tortillas
- 2 pinches Salt
- 1 pinch Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp per tortilla Sunflower oil or Ghee
- In a cup add the egg, salt, turmeric powder and mix nicely
Assembling the Rolls :
- 1 TBSP Onion sliced per tortilla
- 2 TBSP Cucumber sliced per tortilla
- ¼ tsp Green chili chopped per tortilla (optional)
- 1 TBSP Coriander leaves chopped per tortilla
- 1 – 2 TBSP Tomato ketchup per tortilla
- 4 – 6 pieces of Chicken stuffing cooked before per tortilla
- 1/2 – 1 tsp Lemon juice per tortilla
- ½ TBSP Mustard sauce
- ½ tsp Chat masala
- Aluminium foil to roll
Marinade the chicken
- Cut the chicken breast into cubes.
- Add and mix all ingredients for the marinade into a bowl and marinade the chicken for 30 – 45 minutes.
Prepare the filling
- Add mustard oil in the frying pan. When hot add the chopped garlic and green chili and sauté.
- Once the garlic is browned add the chicken pieces into the pan without any marinade. It’s better to shake off all the marinade from chicken pieces before adding it to the pan.
- At first brown the chicken on medium flame for 4 – 5 mins and then simmer to allow the chicken to cook in its own juice.
- Add Kashmiri chili powder to the chicken and mix well. Once the chicken is half done, add the reserved marinade and continue cooking on medium flame until the chicken is almost done.
- Add the sliced onion and mix thoroughly. Once the chicken is done, add the chopped coriander leaves and mix gently without breaking chicken pieces apart. Once moisture evaporates completely from the pan, stuffing is ready. Sprinkle some more coriander leaves on top and remove from heat immediately.
Assemble the chicken roll
- Heat another frying pan. Put the tortillas one at a time and fry them using oil/ghee for 1 – 2 minutes. Keep them aside.
- In a glass or cup add 2 eggs, 2 pinches of salt and 1 pinch of turmeric powder. Whisk for 3 – 4 seconds. In a frying pan add some oil (2 tsp) and wait till hot. Add the whisked eggs and wait for few seconds then add the tortilla on top of it. Turn on the other side. Nicely fry both sides for a couple of minutes.
- Transfer the fried tortilla on a plate. Add all the ingredients mentioned in assembling the rolls and prepare the rolls.
- Wrap the rolls with the stuffing using aluminium foil.