INGREDIENTS: tsp = teaspoon tbsp = tablespoon
1 kg Chicken with bone cut into pieces
3 Onions, chopped
2 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
4 Chopped large tomatoes large
1 Red Onion, cut into cubes
1 Big Green Paprika,cut into cubes
1-2 Dried red chilli (optional)
½ tsp Turmeric powder
1 ½ tsp Kashmiri Red chilli powder
2 tbsp Coriander powder
¼ Lemon, juice
2 tbsp Coriander, chopped
1 tbsp Kadai chicken masala 1 tbsp. ( **)
5+2 tbsp Sunflower Oil
1 tbsp Coriander seeds
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1+1 tsp Garam masala powder
8-10 no Cashewnut paste
½ cup yogurt
(**) Kadai masala make from Coriander seed 3 tbsp. + Fennel seed 1tbsp+Cumin 1tbsp + black pepper 1 tbsp. + Red Chilli 1-2
- Heat 5 tbsp of oil in a pan. Add in the coriander seeds, cumin seeds and dry red chili and sauté.
- Then add in chopped onion and sauté until golden brown.
- Now add in the ginger garlic paste and sauté for a minute. Then add in the chopped tomatoes and salt and sauté until the tomatoes are pulpy.
- Then add in the coriander powder, kashmiri red chilli powder,1 tsp of garam masala(1tsp) and turmeric powder and sauté well.
- Now add in the cashewnut paste, yogurt and mix well
- Then add in the chicken and mix well, cover and cook for 20 minutes or till cooked. Stirring at the interval.
- Now add in the kadai masala and remaining garam masala(1tsp) and cook for more 5-6 mins. Keep aside.
- In a separate wok add 2 tbsp. oil. when hot ad the onion cubes and green paprika cubes. Cook for 5-6 minute till crunchy.
- Add this to the cooked chicken kept aside and cook for some minutes (5-6).
- Lastly add in the lemon juice and chopped coriander and mix well.
- Remove it in a serving bowl and serve hot