250 g Paneer or Cottage cheese
2 tbsp (or 18-20 pieces) Cashew nuts, soak in 1/2 cup lukewarm water and make a paste using a food processor
4 – 5 medium size Tomatoes, grind and make puree
2 tablespoons Butter
1 teaspoon Ginger paste
1 teaspoon Garlic paste
1 small onion chopped, boiled and made to paste
1/2 teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder
1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
1 teaspoon Kasuri Methi (dry fenugreek leaves)
2-3 tablespoon Cream
1/2 – 1 teaspoon Honey
Bay leaf 1, cardamom 4, cloves 2, black pepper 4, cinnamon stick 1 inch
Salt to taste
- Heat the butter in a frying pan, add the bay leaf, cardamom, clove, cinnamon and black pepper. Sauté for 10-15 second till you get fragrant.
- Add the onion paste, ginger and garlic paste. Sauté till raw smell disappears.
- Add the tomato puree made earlier. Stir well cook well (5-6 minutes). Add the Kashmiri chili powder, garam masala powder and stir again. Continue to sauté till oil begins to leave the side.
- Add the cashew paste and stir well. Sauté the paste till oil leaves the side.
- Add water and simmer in low flame.
- Add the sugar.
- Add the Paneer cut into cubes.
- Don’t cook for long.
- Add crushed Kasuri Methi (fenugreek leaves)
- Serve hot with naan, roti or basmati rice