INGREDIENTS: tsp = tea spoon TBSP=Table spoon
- 420 gr Cottage cheese (Paneer) make into 30-32 slices
- 8 TBSP yoghurt
- 16 TBSP Corn Starch
- 4 tsp Ginger paste
- 1 Green chilli finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 TBSP Finely chopped coriander leavesBatter
- 1,5 cup (300gr) Gram Flour (besan )
- 2 tsp Cumin Seed
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Chat Masala
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 cup water or as needed. It should be pasty batter
- Sunflower Oil to fry the Pakoras
- Marinate the paneer: In a mixing bowl combine the yogurt, corn starch, salt, ginger, green chili, and coriander leaves. Mix well, to the consistency of a soft paste. Add the paneer (cottage cheese) pieces and gently coat them with the yogurt mixture. Set aside one hour or more
- For batter: mix the gram flour, cumin seeds, salt, chat masala, cumin powder and baking soda. Add water slowly to make a thick, pasty batter.
- Heat about one inch of oil in a frying pan over medium high heat. To test, put one drop of batter in the oil. The batter should form a small ball on the surface of the pan, but not change color.
- Dip the marinated paneer (cottage cheese) slices in the batter one at a time. Drop slowly into the frying pan. Fry the pakoras in small batches. The pakoras will take about four to five minutes to cook. Turn them occasionally, until both sides are golden brown.
- Repeat for the remaining batches.
- The crispy, delicious paneer pakoras are ready.