1 kg mussels
600 g shrimps
1 kg clams
400 g squid already cleaned
1 sprig parsley
2 cloves garlic
1 glass white wine
640 g rice Carnaroli or Arborio
1 chili (optional)
pepper, salt and virgin olive oil to taste
Cleaning of the seafood.
- For the clams: go through them one by one, discarding broken ones and put them to soak (preferably over night) in a full basin of cold water.
- For the mussels: clean them, by rubbing with a steel mesh under running water.
- Wash the squid and cut into rings,
- Peal the shrimps.
Cooking the seafood:
- Cook mussels and clams in separate pots on high heat with some liquid and covered with a lid. When the clams and the mussels are opened, remove from the heat, strain the liquid and keep it aside for using later.
- Keep aside some of mussels and clams to decorate the meal after serving.
- Chop the celery and carrot and fry with garlic (whole or crushed to remove later) and pepper, then add the squid.
- Add a half glass of white wine and cook until the squid rings become soft.
- Meanwhile, prepare the rice. In a large saucepan, cook the onion in the oil over low heat; When the onions become translucent, add the Carnaroli rice. Fry and steer it and add the rest of the wine. Once the wine has evaporated continue cooking by adding little by little the liquid you saved from boiling mussels and clams.
- Add the shrimps to squid pot, add the chopped parsley and cook for 5 minutes; if necessary you can add a couple of ladles of fish stock.
- After the time indicated above, add the mixture of squid and shrimp to the rice and mix well, then also add the mussels and the shelled clams. Finish with all the ingredients cooking the rice and turn off the heat. Let rice stand for few minutes and if you like sprinkle the risotto with a handful of chopped parsley.
- Serve the risotto garnishing the dish with mussels and whole clams that are kept aside.