100 ml olive oil
150 g sugar
200 g flour
50 g cornstarch (Maizena)
10 g baking powder
75 ml milk
125 g chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Grease and line the base of a 23cm cake form.
- Peel, halve and core the pears. Two of them chopp up into small pieces.
- Using an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment whisk the oil, sugar and eggs until double or triple in volume.
- Mix together flour, cornstarch and baking powder. Sift in half of the flour mix and milk and stir. Sift in the remaining flour mix and stir until smooth.
- Then add chopped up pears and chocolate chips. Scoop into the prepared cake form.
- Score the pears using a sharp knife making sure not to cut all the way through. Place these on top of the cake and gently submerge them a little.
- Bake for 1 h – 1 h 20 min or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.