tsp = teaspoon tbsp = tablespoon
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp mirin
4 tbsp brown sugar
10 tbsp starch syrup
2 tbsp garlic (you can adjust after your taste)
3 tbsp korean pepper paste
4 tbsp ketchup
500 gr chicken thighs (lårfilet)
salt and pepper
½ cup flour
½ cup starch
⅔ cup water
4 rice cakes
1 cup panko (type of breadcrumbs)
4 tbsp garlic
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces
- Marinate chicken with salt and pepper. Put in fridge.
- Make CRUST:
- Heat pan with oil, about 1 inch deep. When about 170 deg C, put in 4 full tbsp of ground garlic. Fry until brown, stirring constantly. Pour the contents through a colander, straining oil into a bowl.
- On a dry, heated pan, stir fry panko until golden brown. Add fried garlic into panko, mix together thoroughly. Set aside on a large plate.
- Prepare the CHICKEN COAT: mix flour, starch and water into a bowl.
- Put marinated chicken into the mix.
- Fill half of wok-like pan with frying oil until 170 deg C. Fry rice cakes for a couple of minutes, then remove from the pan. Then fry chicken for 7 to 8 minutes. Make sure they don’t stick together. Fry until hard and golden brown.
- While the chicken is frying, make SAUCE in a pan – mix and heat all the ingredients, they should start bubbling and get sticky towards the end. Add the fried chicken into the sauce pan, then mix.
- Put the sauce covered fried chicken on the plate of garlic crust. Spread some of the garlic crust on top as well. Then decorate with crushed peanuts, dried parsley, coriander and sesame seeds.