Fermented kimchi 400 ml (or half Chinese cabbage)
Pork belly (unsalted bacon part) 500 g
Green onion 1
Garlic 5 cloves, minced
Water 1 L
Fish sauce 1Tbsp
Ssamjang paste 1 tsp
- Cut onions into thin slices.
- Heat a wide pot over medium heat. When heated, add pork belly and then pepper. Cook pork belly until well done. Remove any fat.
- Add kimchi and onion slices.
- Add fish sauce and ssamjang paste to generate umami flavor (Maillard reaction)
- Add 1L of water, let boil.
- Add more kimchi juice from the jar if necessary.
- Add minced garlic and green onion. Close lid then let boil.