INGREDIENTS: tsp = teaspoon tbsp = tablespoon
- 4 cups corn flour.
- 2 cups water (room temperature).
- Cooking oil
- 2 packages of bbq uncooked chorizo
- 4 cups of cooked beans.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoon oil
- Salt to taste
- ½ Chopped iceberg lettuce
- Fried beans
- Sour cream – rømme
- 1 package feta cheese
- 1 Chopped onion
- 3 Chopped tomato
- 1 jar of salsa verde
- Mix the flour with the flour with the water until it integrates. Divide the masa into 24 balls. Press each ball out (either with your hand or tortilla press) to a thick tortilla, about 9 cm diameter. Cook on a pan over medium heat for about one minute or until the bottom dough is firm and slightly brown. Turn the sope over and cook on the second side for about another minute. Turn it once again, and without trying to burn your fingers, pinch up a small ridge around so that the sauce won’t run off. Put a little oil on top of the dough and when it starts to fry remove it, and add the rest of the ingredients.
- For the chorizo, peel and crumble with your fingers the 6 chorizos from the package, and cook it in a pan until it is cooked and fried (with its own oil). Set aside.
- In a medium size cooking pan, add oil and garlic. Fry the garlic until it turns dark brown. Then set aside. Cook the three cups of beans with its liquid in the pan, let it boil for 3 minutes. Reduce temperature to medium-low and smash with a potato masher. Stir and let them cook until they get a thick consistency. Around 5-10 minutes
- Place the sope, add a thin layer of beans, add chorizo, add lettuce, add onion and tomato. And top with salsa verde.