INGREDIENTS: tsp = teaspoon tbsp = tablespoon
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 chili jalapeno finely chopped
- 1 can huitlacoche
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onion and garlic, and fry gently until translucent- about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and chili and cook over medium heat until some of the juice has evaporated, stirring from time to time- about 8 minutes.
- Add the huitlacoche and salt. Cover the pan and cook over medium heat, stirring and turning the mixture over from time to time, for about 5 minutes.
- The huitlacoche should be tender but not soft, and the mixture moist but not too juicy.