3 medium Chinese or Italian eggplants, peeled
4 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 large garlic clove, minced
½ cup water
⅓ cup walnuts
1 large yellow onion, peeled and diced medium
3 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 teaspoon crushed dried mint leaves
¾ cup Kashk
salt and pepper
- Fry the aubergines to a golden brown over medium high heat.
- Add minced garlic and spices.
- Add very little water, cover the skillet and cook over low heat until the eggplant is very tender.
- Mash the cooked eggplant to very small pieces with a potato masher or a fork.
- Process the walnuts until very fine, but watch it closely and stop the food processor before it turns to paste.
- Fry the diced onion to a golden brown.
- Remove from heat and add crushed dried mint leaves.
- Combine with ground walnuts and yogurt.
- Transfer to the serving bowl and add garnish.
- Serve Kashke Bademjan with bread.