1 cup of rice
1 cup of sugar
5 cups of whole milk
6-8 egg yolks
1 cinnamon stick
Pinch of salt
- Thoroughly wash the rice under running cold water until no starch comes out.
- Mix the egg yolk with a cup of milk and reserve for later.
- In a heavy pan, cook 1 cup of milk with the cinnamon stick, lemon peel and a pinch of salt.
- When it starts to boil, add the rice and let it boil until the rice soaks most of the milk. Gradually add more milk to the pan and let the rice cook absorbing the milk.
- When the rice is cooked, add the sugar to the pan and let melt and combine with the milk and rice.
- Slowly pour into the pan the egg yolk and milk mix, stirring continuously.
- Immediately remove from the heat.
- It can be eaten warm or cold, sprinkled with cinnamon powder to your taste.