400 g savoiardi (lady fingers)
120 g sugar
500 g mascarpone
some drops of marsala (optional)
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks, add half the sugar to the egg yolks and whisk with a mixer until you get a nice smooth and mixture, frothy and creamy.
- Incorporate mascarpone into the mixture.
Whisk egg whites in a kitchen machine (mixer) adding gradually sugar while whisking until soft peaks form.
Incorporate the egg whites into the yolks mixture. Add some drops of Marsala.
Do this gently, stirring from the bottom up.
Have coffee in a deep large plate or bowl. (*) Dip the lady fingers into coffee and arrange them in a tiramisu form covering the bottom and vertical side-walls.
- Cover the fingers with prepared cream so all the fingers are covered with appr 1 cm layer.
- Repeat from (*) until the top of the form.
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder before serving. Tiramisu can decorate with some chocolate curl.