500 gr shrimp, peeled and deveined
4-6 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp sweet Spanish paprika
1 tsp pimentón (cayenne pepper)
1 tbsp minced parsley to garnish
Salt and pepper
- Heat about 4 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan, on medium heat.
- Prepare 4-6 garlic cloves – chop it in thin slices. Add to the pan, cook until the garlic just begins to turn light golden in color.
- Add one tablespoon of cayenne pepper, sweet Spanish paprika, salt and pepper.
- Add the shrimp to the mixture to the pan.
- Mix nicely all the ingredients.
- Cook for 3 minutes and don’t forget to stir the mixture so everything cooks evenly.
- Turn the heat off, stir one more time and let it sit for about 1 minute.
- Top it off with some parsley.
The garlic prawns is a popular dish in the Spanish cuisine, found mostly in the south and center parts of the country. The ingredients constituting this plate are peeled shrimps, garlic and olive oil. This dish is one of the typical dishes of the bar culture of Spain. The garlic prawns are usually cooked in a clay pot, where first the garlic and parsley are fried in olive oil, then the shrimps are added in the last moment. They must be eaten quickly, while hot. It is a tapa that is usually served with wine (white or red). Garlic shrimp is very easy to make, and you can experiment with whatever spices and additional flavors you like!