8 Chicken thighs
1 White onion
20 Pitted prunes
100 gr Pine nuts
20 Dried apricots
1 Cinnamon stick
1/2 Head of garlic
1 Dash of brandy
1 litter Chicken stock (to cover the chicken)
Extra virgin olive oil, Salt, Pepper
- Add a splash of olive oil in a pot.
- Add salt and pepper to the chicken thighs and add them in the pot to fry until golden brown.
- Put the plums and apricots in warm water to hydrate a little. A 15-minute soak it’s enough. After that drain the water and set aside the plums and apricots.
- Chop the onion into slices. Once all the chicken is golden add the onion, unpeeled garlic and cinnamon stick. Fry for about 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Add a generous splash of cognac and chicken stock to almost cover the chicken and let reduce for 30 minutes over medium-low heat. Cover the pot.
- Toast the pine nuts slightly.
- After 30 min of simmering add the toasted pine nuts, hydrated apricots and plums and let reduce for another 10 minutes.
- Check the if the chicken meat is cooked.