400g rice noodles (100g pr person)
100g tamarind paste
200g palm sugar
1/2 dl water
1 red chili
20g fresh ginger
2 clove garlic
1 tbsp dried shrimps
1 pack scallions
1 pack beans sprouts
1 small shallot
12 tiger shrimps
2 tbsp pickled sweet redish
- Mix tamarindpaste, palmsugar and water together and heat up slowly while stiring until all sugar its dissolved. Grind chili, ginger and garlic in a blender and add to the sirup. Let it reduce on the stove until it gets a thick texture, approx 10 min. Season with fishsauce. You need to find the balance, between the salt, sweet and sour.
- Put the rice noodles in water for about 15 min.
- Meanwhile, chop the dried shrimps, charlots and the sweet radish and leave it a side in bowl together.
- In another bowl, take a handful beansprouts pr person, chopped spring onions and crushed peanuts. Clean the tiger prawns. Crack the eggs in a bowl.
- Prepare a large pan or wok on high temp, with vegetable oil.
- Cook the shrimps first, but cook them almost done and its important that they get seared until light brown to get extra flavor – then put them a side to add later. In the same pan, add a bit more oil, then sear the charlots, radish and dried shrimps until it gets light brown, then add the noodles and stir everything around, then add the sauce and keep stiring until the sauce its almost vaporized. Move the noodles to the side of the pan to make place for the eggs. Scramble the eggs in the pan while frying until the eggs are cooked, then turn it all together. At last, add the bean sprouts, peanuts and spring onions to it.
- Plate it, and garnish with a lime boat, fresh bean sprouts, the shrimps and peanuts. For those who likes it spicy, you can add chili on the side.