INGREDIENTS: ts = teaspoon tbsp = tablespoon
1 hand full rice noodles
8 medium sized shrimp, raw, with shelf
1 tbsp shallots
120 gr extra firm tofu
120gr bean sprouts
3 tbsp tamarind sauce
1 tbsp crushed roasted peanuts
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 box palm sugar
2 tbsp crab or shrimp paste with bean oil
2 tbsp fish sauce
2 Chinese chives
- Prepare rice noodles by soaking in very hot water or boiling noodles, until al dente. Then rinsing briefly to prevent sticking.
- Heat oil in a wok or a 12-inch deep sauté pan set over medium-high heat. shrimp cook about 1 1/2 minutes per side or until opaque. Transfer to a plate, leaving oil in a pan.
- In a hot pan add tamarind sauce, palm sugar, fish sauce. Cook until it is combined then add the crab paste.
- Add cooked rice noodle into the sauce. Mix it well then add the cooked shrimp and all vegetables.
- Add peanuts before serving.