INGREDIENTS: Tbsp : Tablespoon Ts : Teaspoon
7 oz Beef steak – sirloin
1/4 ts Birds eye chili
1/4 cup Cherry tomatoes
1 tbsp Cilantro/coriander, stems
1/4 cup Cilantro/coriander, lightly packed leaves
2 Garlic cloves
2 cups mixed leaves
1/4 cup Mint, lightly packed leaves
1 tbsp Peanuts
¼ Red onion
2 tbsp Fish sauce
3 tbsp Lime juice
2 blocks Plam sugar
3 tbs tamarind puree
1 Pinch Salt
1 Salt and pepper
2 tsp Sugar
1 tbsp olive oil
- lace the birds eye chili, garlic, cilantro stems and a small pinch of salt into a mortar and pestle.
- Grind until a smooth paste form.
- Add the remaining Dressing ingredients. Adjust sugar, lime juice and fish sauce to taste. Set aside.
- Drizzle the beef with 1/2 tbsp of oil on both sides, then sprinkle with a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Preheat a skillet over high heat until screaming hot and smoking.
- Cook the beef to your liking. I like mine rare for this salad.
- Remove the beef from the skillet onto a plate. Loosely tent with foil and set aside for 10 minutes to rest.
- Slice the beef thinly against the grain (Note 2) and place in a bowl with the remaining Salad ingredients.
- Pour over Dressing and toss gently.
- Pile the salad onto a plate. Sprinkle with peanuts and garnish with extra cilantro/coriander and mint leaves if using.