INGREDIENTS: Tbsp : Tablespoon Ts : Teaspoon
180g Glass Noodles (Cellophane Noodles)
4 ts Black Soy Sauce (half the portion if using dark caramel soy sauce)
4 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
4 ts Sesame Oil
1 tbsp Sugar
1 tbsp Water
1 pack bacon
8 to 10 prawns
¼ cup Chinese Celery Leaves (roughly chopped) – about 20 pieces of leaves
Leaves of Cilantro
240g Thinly Sliced Yellow Onions (about 2 big pieces)
½ cup Chinese Celery Stems (60g) – chopped into 1 cm in length
28g Ginger – Cut into matchsticks size
- Soak the noodles in big bowl of warm water for about 15 to 20 mins
- Drain the water off the noodle when it softens.
- In a separate small bowl, add in all the seasoning for the black sauce and sesame oil
- Mix well and pour over the drained noodle.
- Mix the sauce into the noodle.
- Prepare a pot with depth, that is big enough (but not oversize) for the dish
- In a heated , add in the cilantro stems, celery stems and ginger.
- Fry till the onions wilted
- Add the marinade noodles into the pot
- Layer in the prawns on top of the noodles.
- Top with the roughly chopped celery leaves
- Cover with lid and cook under medium low heat for about 12 mins (do not open the lid during this time).
- Check if the noodle is cooked. If not, just continue for another few minutes.
- When cooked, mix the whole pot of noodles
- Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve hot.