INGREDIENTS: ts = teaspoon tbsp = tablespoon
- 1 lime (juiced, 1/4 cup)
- 4 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 dried chilies
- 3 tbsp uncooked rice
- 30 mint leaves (chopped finely)
- 3 shallot onion (sliced)
- 1 to 2 tbsp oil (for stir frying, a neutral oil like canola or vegetable is best)
- 300 gr ground chicken
- 2 tbsp fish sauce (for frying chicken)
- Water (as needed)
- Gather the ingredients.
- Combine all salad dressing ingredients together in a cup or bowl. Stir to dissolve sugar. Set aside.
- Combine all the cold salad ingredients in a large salad bowl.
- Put uncooked rice into hot pan, without oil. Cook it until you get brown color. Ground it fine.
- Place 1 to 2 tablespoons oil in a wok or frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken.
- As you stir-fry, add the fish sauce. Also, add a little water if the pan becomes dry. Stir-fry until chicken is cooked – about 8 to 10 minutes. Turn the heat off. Add the ground rice.
- Transfer the hot chicken to the salad bowl with prepared salad ingredients. Pour over the dressing and toss well.
- Taste test the salad, adding more fish sauce if you prefer it saltier or more flavorful. Add more dried crushed chili if you prefer it spicier. If too bitter, add a little more sugar.
- Garnish with more mint.
- Serve immediately while the chicken is still warm.