INGREDIENTS: ts = teaspoon tbsp = tablespoon
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 2 spoons of chicken stock powder
- 2 chicken breasts
- 5-6 any types mushrooms (sliced)
- 5-6 kaffir limes leaves
- 1 to 3 red chilies (fresh and minced to taste)
- 1-piece galangal
- 3 tbsp of coconut milk
- 2-3 tbsp fish sauce (or more to taste)
- Optional: cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1-2 ts brown sugar (to taste)
- Handful coriander leaves (fresh)
- Handful Culantro leaves (fresh)
- 1 onions (sliced)
- 1-2 Dry chili
- 2-3 Shallots
- 2 ts Thai Chili jam
- Place chicken broth in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add galangal, kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass, Shallots, onion and bring in to the boil
- Add the mushrooms and sliced chicken and allow to cook through, approximately 5-10 minutes. If you are adding tomatoes, add them at this point as well.
- Season the soup with fish sauce, lime juice, and roasted chili paste. Taste the broth and adjust the seasonings as needed. Add coconut milk and chili jam and bring in to the boil.
- Take the soup off the heat and add in the chopped cilantro. Serve over hot jasmine rice and enjoy!